Monday, 11 November 2013

Nars Guy Bourdin Holiday 2013

High on top of my Christmas list this year is the highly coveted Nars Guy Bourdin Holiday 2013 collection. 
Guy Bourdin was a Parisian fashion photographer who reached the height of his success in the 70's, shooting for Vogue, Chanel and Versace to name but a few. His style and concepts were ahead of their time and he is still known today as one of the best fashion photographers in the world. I went to see an exhibition on his work in Paris about 10 years ago and my interest was sparked then. I loved the surrealism in his photos, provocative yet sinister. 



Fran├žois Nars cites Guy Bourdin as an inspiration of his ever since the 70s. In this Harvey Nichols interview Fran├žois Nars describes why he decided to make this limited collection: "I always dreamed about it; Bourdin’s influence is everywhere in my life; it’s in the DNA of NARS. I’ve long incorporated his work into our collections — in names, colours, even inspiration for the campaign images. It was only a matter of time before I created an entire collection around him and his work."




I would be happy if Santa bought me any goodies from the collection, in true Nars style the colours are deeply pigmented. It's a nice change to see a bright Christmas collection, instead of the normal burgundy and glitter. You can purchase single eyeshadows, nail varnishes or lipsticks from the collection, however my favourites are these 4 sumptuous gift sets/palettes.



2 comments:

  1. I really like the look of number 3, might have to get it for myself as a little christmas present haha!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cath, oh I love the concept of being inspired by an artist/photographer, the collection looks stunning, hope you get what you want for xmas! xo

    ReplyDelete