Wednesday 1 August 2012

Clinique Stay Matte Foundation review

I passed a Clinique counter recently and saw that they have bought out a new foundation called 'Stay Matte'. It was originally exclusive to John Lewis in May but is now available everywhere. I was firstly drawn to it because of the name. Just before I had been trying out Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation which was gentle and refreshing but slid off my face throughout the day due to sweating! (Also the pump had broken)
I wanted something that could last the entire day, cover blemishes, yet not be too thick.
Stay Matte is the answer to my prayers. 



I was lucky enough to purchase it when Debenhams were giving away a gorgeous free lipgloss!


The Clinique website describes it as:

"This lightweight gel-cream texture provides all day coverage with a mattifying finish and feels as comfortable as wearing nothing at all. Controls oil breakthrough and keeps skin shine-free, even in extreme heat and humidity all day. Contains shine absorbers to refine the look of troubled areas. Skin looks and feels flawless all day long."


I'd say that description is spot on. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now before I reviewed it and my impression has not changed. I got matched up to one of the fairest tones, 'Alabaster' which blends perfectly and you can see no tan lines at all. Clinique are fantastic at letting you try the product before you buy it. I was given a pot with about 5 days worth to see if it was for me. I have always preferred appling foundation with my fingers and I believe that this foundation suits that better than application with brushes. 


The thing which I love most about this foundation is how much quicker I can get ready for work in the mornings now as this covers blemishes so well that I have stopped using concealer! I think the product works better on it's own and I have seen a healthy effect on my skin because of it. The second best thing about this product is how long the coverage lasts. The Clinique assistant told me that the product had been tested in high temperatures so it is perfect for wear in the city. I am always rushing about on the tube to work etc, and my face looks just as flawlesss when I get home. 


Furthermore the price is brilliant at just £21.50. I have paid 30 something for Dior foundations before and this one is worth every penny as you don't need to use much of the product.





I really recommend trying out this foundation, you can always add highlighter on your cheekbones if you prefer that radiant look.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds ideal for me, I might give this a go when my current one has run out. Will try and get a sample like you did first though!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete